Sunday, August 2, 2009

Moving Experience

After working nonstop for the last 4 days, things are finally beginning to wind down.

Thursday was probably one of the most stressful days I can remember in a while. It started when I woke up at 5:15 because of the horrible storms that came through. I never went back to sleep because 1) all of the thunder and lightning 2) I knew I was going to have to get up soon for a workshop and 3) I had a million things running through my mind. My electricity was suppose to be turned on sometime Wednesday, but as of about 7:00 that night it still wasn't. So after I got dressed I came over here to check out the electrical situation, and it still wasn't on. By 8 a.m. I was on the phone with TXU trying to figure out what was going on, ready to cry and I still had to go to a workshop. With everything on my mind, technology training was the last thing I wanted to do.

The workshop was so bad, that at one point in time I was filing my finger nails, Robin was making a To Do list and my friend Rachel was texting her husband. We did get out at 10:15 instead of 11:30 so Robin and I ran to Dollar Tree. I LOVE Dollar Tree. The movers were going to be there between 12 and 2 so I had to get home and make sure everything was ready for them. The only thing punctual about them was that they were there at 12, so I didn't think I would have to wait around all day with them. To make a long story short, it took them 4 and a half hours to move me across the street and they still didn't get everything. What they did get, was mostly left in the garage downstairs. By 4:30 when they finished, I was tired, hungry and very pissy.

Friday was better than Thursday, but not by much. By 7:45 I was back at the old place finishing things up over there. After 7 hours, 4 car loads and an uncountable number of stairs, everything was out of there, cleaned and they keys turned in. The first thing I did when I was done, was go for a swim in the pool. After about an hour at the pool, I came back and started unpacking boxes. Since I didn't have TV until yesterday, I spent Friday night listening to iTunes and unpacking.

Yesterday was about like Friday, minus all the stress to get everything done. I got up and slowly kept unpacking. I took a break for about 2 hours and went to the pool with Robin before the clouds came in. For some reason I was wired and told Robin I wanted to go out on the town that night. So her and Brandon came over around 9:15 and we headed to Downtown Fort Worth. It probably wasn't my smartest idea to start drinking Crown when all I had eaten all day was a frozen bean and cheese burrito around 11 am. Before too long, I was feeling no pain and dancing up a storm.

Today I've been fighting the little men in my head that have decided to have a party in there. Since I've been going non-stop for days (as of yesterday, I have unpacked everything) I don't feel too bad for not doing much. I did hang a few things and clean some glass before taking a nap and cooking some dinner. It's so nice to see things coming together. All that I have left to do is hang a few pictures here and there. It's amazing how much one person can accomplish when they really want to.

I promise that pics will be up soon. I just need to finish hanging things first.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new place. I hate moving, it's a bitch!! Don't you just love staff developments, I just finished a three day required SD on APY data. FUN FUN!

    ReplyDelete