Saturday, July 18, 2009

Another Fun Thursday Night

So Thursday night was another Glass Cactus night, and as usual we had more fun than we should have.


After getting up early to go to the Dr. I decided to go shopping for a cute dress to wear out. 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts and a pair of earrings later, I left Loft with nothing to wear out. About 1 I met Robin at "work" so we could have that extra "glow" for our night out. We hung out at the pool for a few hours before deciding to go to our respective apartments to get ready. Since it takes Robin longer to get ready than it takes me, I decided to work on getting some things together for the "big" move in a few weeks. (For those of you that don't know, I'm moving to a new apartment the end of July. It's a different complex than I'm in now, but it is literally across the street from where I live now. I can see the new bulding I'm moving to from the one I live in now.) After spending 45 minutes on the phone with TXU, I finally got everything situated with them and then booked my movers.



Tammy, Robin, and I met up with Beck and Kyle for dinner and a few drinks around 6 at the Sky Bar in Grapevine before heading down the road to the Glass Cactus. Daniel and Larry met us out there and then the party started. This Thursday was a special one because it marked the 1 Year Anniversary of Becky and Kyle meeting; they met at the Glass Cactus last summer. Kyle decided to get the night started off with a round of shots. We all just hung out talking, laughing and dancing the night away. Bart Crow and Brandon Ryder were playing. Bart and I went to school together at Tarleton, so it was great to see him.

After a few more rounds of "girls" shots we were having too much fun. Around 11:30 the 'boys' decided it was time to go home. Kyle had to be at work at 6:30 the next morning so we all left. Robin, Tammy and I went back to Beck and Kyles with them. Kyle went to bed and us girls sat outside on the patio talking and having a few more drinks. It was great to hang out with the girls talking and catching up. Finally around 3, we decided to go to bed; what is it with me and 3 a.m. being the magic time to call it a night recently?

Robin, Becky and I

Me and my Robin

Robin and Tammy

Friday turned out to be a very non productive day of sitting on the couch in the dark watching TV. Brad and April came over around 5 so we could take him to meet some of the guys he plays softball with at the Rangers game. After dropping him off, we went to Double Dave's and got some pizza rolls and a coke to-go in order to prepare for our "Movie Marathon". Words can't express how good it is to see my brother with someone who makes him so happy, and who gets along with me. He's never had a girlfriend that would actually spend time with me alone doing "girl" things. She is great and I couldn't have hand picked a better girl for my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment