Thursday, July 23, 2009

My New Apartment

This morning I had to get up and take my friend Kyle to the airport, which means I was up, out of bed, and leaving my apartment at 8:30. It actually feels good to get up and moving in the mornings. Since I was out and about, I decided to stop by my new apartment and take another look around. I also had my camera with me so I took a few pics while I was at it. For those of you that don't know this already, I'm a very visual person. So as I'm taking things down and packing, I'm visualizing where I'm going to put it in the new place. Since I've slept since I first saw it, I couldn't remember all the details.

In this pic, I was standing in the living room looking back towards the stairs. I'm really excited to decorate the hallway/stairway area. Back around the corner (when you come up the stairs) is a coat closet and a built in desk area.


This is a little shelf area in the kitchen/above the bar. This was the one thing I couldn't remember and really wanted to see. I love having this space to decorate and put stuff.

Right here is the dining room. I like the area on the left that has the arches to "separate" everything. It keeps that space from being just a big blank area.
And this is my kitchen... I love how open it is to everything. Right now I have a raised "bar" that is good for nothing and a waste of space really. The only thing you can do with it is put stuff up there. Now I'll be able to actually have more than one thing on the counter at a time.

I promise to post pics after I get it all decorated and together. For now, I'm back to packing and getting everything ready. I'm so excited to take on this new adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it will be so cute when you're finished with it! I love the way your current apartment is decorated! This is really nice! Casey's only concern are those stairs after a long night out! ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete