Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Surgery and Packing

So I went to the doctor yesterday and surgery is scheduled for Friday, August 14 @ 12:30. My mom and John are going to come up here and take me, because she loves me that much ;-) and it's an excuse for them to both take the day off. The doctor said that it should be a very simple procedure, but since the lipoma goes down deeper, she has to knock me out completely and do it in the OR. There is also a small area where my skin has stretched out because of it so she's going to cut off that excess skin and tighten it up. She said the only real risks are bleeding and infection, but she will give me some meds for the pain and all that. I should be able to get up and around afterwards, but I'll be sore and have to be really carefull not the break the stitches. Since it's located on my upper inner thigh I'm curious to see how well or much I'm going to want to walk right after. I also have to go back to work that following Monday, but it's just for inservice/staff development. I figure the drugs will help make that week a little better since I probably won't care too much about anything in the first place.

As far as moving goes, I'm getting a little closer everyday. Things are slowly finding their way into boxes and I'm dealing with the mess as best I can. My dining room has become the collection place for everything. I find that if it's all in one central location, it's not only easier to move, but also easier to look at. Since I seem to have abused my 10 minute break time I should probably get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment