Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weekend At Mom's

So last Thursday morning I packed up my suitcase and headed to moms for a few days. I hadn't been there in about a month so I was well overdue for a visit. I seem to stay so busy all the time that it's hard to get away.

Thursday, Brad and I went to get a haircut and then to visit the Nan and Pops. We stopped by HEB on the way and surprised them with dinner. It was so great to see them and they were excited about dinner and not having to cook anything. I hate that I don't make it down there more :-(


Here we are at Pops' Surprise 80th Birthday Party in February

Friday was pretty laid back until about 4 when my phone decided to freeze up. I did everything I knew to do in order to get it working again, but nothing worked. So me and my pissed off self threw on some clothes and drove to Waco. After going to 2 different AT&T stores, my phone still wasn't working and I was still pissed; eventually it started working again. Once I got home, Brad's roommate Bryan was there with Mom and John, and I decided it was time for a drink. After a drink or 2, April shows up and the 5 of us continue to drink... FYI Brad isn't home from softball yet either. Brad shows up and things continue to go in the drunk direction. Eventually Lance and Melissa come out and we are having a good 'ol time. We're all a little or a lot tipsy playing pool and throwing darts. Finally we wind the party down at 3 a.m. and go to bed.



Saturday we were all feeling a little rough to say the least. Mom and I cooked breakfast and then everyone decided to chill. About 1:30, April gets Brad to go get stuff to make bloody mary's
and they help me out a lot. I finally get the energy to go to the pool and work on the tan before getting ready to have dinner with dad and Leslie.


Here we are before dinner

Dinner was great and everyone had fun, despite eating way to much. Once we got back to the house we just hung out on the patio. Nothing quite as exciting as the night before, but we still had fun.

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. After lunch, we all sat around and watched Marley and Me. It was so sad. Then mom and I went to Wal-Mart to get a few things and the stuff to make homemade ice cream.


So as you can tell, it was a full weekend, but so much fun. Off to do something productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment