Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

I feel like these last few days have been a constant go, go go. Sunday I went to the lake with Robin and we met her friend Brandon, his brother, sister and niece. We had so much fun just hanging out, having a few drinks, and floating around. I even made friends with Brandon's niece Haylee :-) She was adorable, but a definite handful. Before the rain came, we left and the 6 of us went to OTB for some dinner. The service sucked and the food was okay, but that's beside the point. After we finished eating, Haylee wanted her uncle Courtney to move over so she could come sit by me and play with the crayons and color. It was so cute and made my day that she wanted to play with me; especially since she wouldn't hardly talk to Robin :-( sorry sweetie.

Yesterday was a rainy, nasty day. When I finally got up, a little after 10, and got on the computer, Robin messaged me and we started having our usual morning chat. Somehow we made the decision to go to the movies and see The Hangover. Oh my gosh... if you haven't seen that movie you must go. It was so funny that I laughed just about the whole way through it. After the movie I drug Robin to Bed Bath and Beyond to look around. I've been wanting a new spice rack for a while, but the one I want is at Crate and Barrel and is $40. So during one of my many online shopping sessions, I found one at BB&B that I liked. It was the same price as the one at Crate and Barrel, but I had a $10 off coupon and a $25 gift card for BB&B so I decided to get that one. Anyways, when I was looking at the spice racks at BB&B they just happened to have 1 like the one from Crate and Barrel that I wanted, so I snagged it up. When I get up to the register to pay, I gave her my coupons and all that fun stuff. To make a long story short, the spice rack ended up ringing up for $20. I was so excited because with my coupon it only cost me $10. After that, I came home with the intention of packing, but I ended up laying on the couch instead.

Today I feel like has been a constant battle of getting everything done. I go pick up the keys to my new place tomorrow and get to start moving things in. The movers will be here Thursday afternoon to move all the big stuff and most of the boxes, but I have a training from 8:30-11:30 that morning. So I pretty much have to have everything done that I need done by tomorrow at the latest.

This morning I had to get up and go sign up for our new health insurance. Talk about a HUGE waste of time. The enrollment process is the exact same way that it's always been, but we had to stand in line and wait to have someone walk us through it all. After messing with all of that this morning, I came home ready to tackle the world; well more like my apartment. I packed the bathroom, closet, and the majority of the kitchen. The only reason I didn't finish the kitchen was because I ran out of boxes. I even have stuff piled up in the laundry basket, and none of it is laundry. After spending the majority of the day packing and all that fun stuff, I finally think that their really may be a light at the end of the tunnel. Now I'm exhausted and getting a slight headache. Once I move, I won't have internet access until Monday so don't be surprised when you don't hear anything from me for a few days. Hopefully thought, once they come set the internet up Monday, I'll be done decorating and can post some new pics. Have a wonderful rest of the week and an even better weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment